Author Topic: 1) continuous print output, and 2) higher gdi precision sent to clipboard  (Read 6031 times)

Dr PR

Re: 1) continuous print output, and 2) higher gdi precision sent to clipboard
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2011, 12:10:38 PM »
I have used Word to merge a bunch of text files and pictures into multi-page PDF documents.

I import the text from files or by optical character recognition scane. Then I paste pictures into the document, again either by copy/paste or file scan. Word is a bit cumbersome to use if you want to position pictures precisely with respect to text, and the header/footer functions are surely the most bone-headed software implementation ever! But, with patience you can get a pretty good looking document.

Then when you print the multiple page document from Word CutePDF writes it all into a multi-page PDF file. Here are some examples of scanned OCR text and pictures merged in Word and written to CutePDF:

http://www.okieboat.com/GMM.html

For drawings you can define the page sizes in Cute PDF. When Word imports drawings it doesn't reduce the resolution of the original image - it just shrinks the display to fit the page shown on the screen. So when you print to large pages in CutePDF you get good resolution.

Note: I haven't done this in a while. It worked in older versions of Word. I don't know it Microsoft has screwed it up in their newer "improved" versions of the program.

Phil
DesignCAD user since 1987