Author Topic: water mark on printed pages  (Read 107 times)

bdeck

water mark on printed pages
« on: June 13, 2019, 04:40:17 PM »
Recently, when I print from DC 25, 26, or 27,  a water mark appears across the middle of the page reading:

Google Authentication failure - Please check the user ID and password entered

This happens whether printing to a hardware device or a pdf soft printer. (cute, foxit)

The water mark does not appear on versions 2013 and before (dunno about 2014 and 2019)

Has anybody else seen this?

Thanks,
bd

Rob S

• Construction Estimating Program for General Contractors
Re: water mark on printed pages
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 09:11:11 PM »
I can't make that happen here so far anyway.

Is Google somehow involved in your printer or printer driver??
User since Pro-design

bdeck

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 02:11:16 PM »
Hi Rob,

I don't use any google apps at all on my laptop, but I'm guessing this bug might be caused by a bug in a firefox plugin "Widevine."

Mozilla installed or updated it on 4/18.

I've disabled it, but dunno how to get rid of it.

Problem persists. I have to do all my DC printing in version 23.

The watermark appears only when printing from those 3 versions of DC, not from any other software.

BD
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 02:20:17 AM by bdeck »

DrollTroll

• Kindly Curmudgeon
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 12:45:47 PM »
Maybe this page can help, but no promises.
https://support.google.com/cloudprint/answer/2541927?hl=en
25 years with DesignCAD

bdeck

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 02:44:40 PM »
Maybe this page can help, but no promises. https://support.google.com/cloudprint/answer/2541927?hl=en

Hi DT.

I'm guessing that may have something to do with my problem, but I don't use any Google or Cloud app for any purpose. Perhaps Foxit does.

Here's something I just noticed:

Printing at to Cute or a hardware device works fine when DC is first loaded,

But if I then use the pdf print driver of Foxit Reader or Foxit Phantom  to print from DC 25, 26, or 27, I get a message in the DC status bar saying "There was an error creating Dial-up network connection %d."

Then I find a watermark in the middle of the printed page saying : "Google Authentication failure - Please check the user ID and password entered."

This watermark persists thereafter, when printing from DC to any system printer, until DC is closed and reopened.

I have not seen this effect when printing to Foxit from any software other than DC.

Something about the way DC and Foxit interact is not right.

Can anyone else duplicate this behavior?

bd

PS:  Even though I prefer cute for its speed and small footprint,  Foxit reader and phantom offer a modern print dialog showing the Recent Documents folder (a HUGE adantage). And both Foxit pdf printers open the saved pdf document automatically after printing for viewing. 
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 03:07:14 PM by bdeck »

bdeck

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 03:14:55 AM »
...  if I  use the pdf print driver of Foxit Reader or Foxit Phantom  to print from DC 25, 26, or 27, I get a message in the DC status bar saying "There was an error creating Dial-up network connection %d."

Then I find a watermark in the middle of the printed page saying : "Google Authentication failure - Please check the user ID and password entered."

The error I reported was on a 64-bit toshiba laptop running Win7 in 32-bit mode.

Since then I loaded Foxit Reader onto my Win10 laptop and did not see the same issue when printing to Foxit from DC 26 in 64-bit mode.

Spyware perhaps? Maybe it's time to migrate to the new machine.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 01:47:26 AM by bdeck »