Author Topic: DesignCAD V28 FIle Association Issue  (Read 273 times)

Robert Willis

DesignCAD V28 FIle Association Issue
« on: June 11, 2019, 09:49:22 PM »

After installing DesignCAD V28 the dcd files will no longer open by double clicking on the file. I tried re-associating the dcd files to DesignCAD but it will not tick. I can open the files if select them from DesignCAD V28.

All of my problems started when I installed DesignCAD V28 and had to do a reset to get the Default File Locations issue fixed. Once I proceed the command to fix that issue the file association issue popped up.

DrollTroll

• Kindly Curmudgeon
  • Administrator
Re: DesignCAD V28 FIle Association Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 04:36:40 AM »
Try right-clicking on the DesignCAD 28 icon and choosing 'Run as Administrator' -- any improvement?
25 years with DesignCAD

Lar

Re: DesignCAD V28 FIle Association Issue
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 11:47:17 AM »

For a few years now my Dcad's association has not been remembered by Windows. I think it started about 2 beta testing versions back. If I double click now it has "%1" as the default. Dcad is on the list I would chose it but the next time I double click it's back to %1 being the default again (and the option to always use dcad is no where in sight).

I usually have two instances of dcad open and there's no way to specify which one I would want a particular double clicked dcd file to open in, so I avoid double clicking anyway, and just drag the file to the dcad I want it opened in.

Lar
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 11:48:57 AM by Lar »