Robs comments continued:
4) I noticed the Status bar (bottom of screen) is turned off by default, and tuned itself off again this morning when I started the program. Possible the setting to have it on is not sticking for some reason. No big problem for users who know it should be there, but it is where the steps for the command are displayed, so new users would miss it.
5) It appears that most or all pdf imports create duplicate copies of every entity. This would create a lot of work to clean up, or oversized files.
To confirm this, just import any pdf, and then select a text or line entity and move it aside. Underneath, you will find a duplicate copy, which can also be selected and moved aside.
6) Contrary to my note 2 above, Text imports where the source file actually contains text, are very good as to content, but continuous lines of text are sometimes broken in unexpected locations. I will find a sample file that does this.
7) Also, it seems that imported lines of any width are imported as hatch entities. Vectors with a width factor would be much better, but probably more difficult to accomplish.
8 ) Agreed, a list of bugs worked on would be very handy to focus our testing. Reviewing the list of changes, I see reference to a "3D print check tool", but so far can't find where it is or what it does???
9) Found the print test tool. It appears to cycle through every solid in the drawing, so pressing esc or Ok merely presents the data for the next entity. There is no way to close until you have done them all. I think it needs an esc or close, and a next button instead of the OK button, and some way to know which entity it is reporting on better than its co-ordinates. Could not the entity be highlighted? Subtracting a sphere from one corner of a cube produces 12 open edges. Why??