Author Topic: When 'A Minute' lasts 2 weeks...  (Read 222 times)

adriank

When 'A Minute' lasts 2 weeks...
« on: April 15, 2019, 07:33:52 AM »
Welcome back, forum.
For 2 weeks I've been reading that the web page will just be down for a minute - I was starting to fret a little that our best resource was dead!

Dr PR

Re: When 'A Minute' lasts 2 weeks...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 08:47:05 AM »
With the "minute" that lasted weeks and the slowdown that lasted even longer, it appears that whomever is responsible for the forum isn't the sharpest tool in the box!

Phil
DesignCAD user since 1987

minstrel

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 09:02:43 AM »
...super glad to see the forum back online.  Thanks to all those involved.  It's a treasure trove of info and it would be a shame to see it disappear for ever...

John R

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 11:29:30 AM »
I'm amazed that this site came back. They did a similar thing with their DoubleCAD/TurboCAD LTE forum and it's been gone for 4-5 months now.

For me, slowdowns start around Thursday or Friday when they close up the offices in Pakistan and normal speed resumes on Monday when they return to work.
John R.

Rob S

• Construction Estimating Program for General Contractors
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 08:12:58 AM »
Maybe somebody finally figured out that Designcad is much better and thus worthy of attention than those other products who shall remain nameless in my posting here.   :)
User since Pro-design

Lar

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 10:39:46 AM »

But, for me, after it came back to full speed after the Big Slow Down, it came back without all those little square bracket and multiple line feed quirks (which I at first thought only affected me but then I did see them in posts of others, most notably DT).

Now after the Back In A Big Moment... shutdown it has those code quirks back, along with the inability to easily un-bold, un-italic or un-underline something that has been emboldened, italicized or underlined.

Lar