Author Topic: Repeating a procedure multiple times -shortcut key ?  (Read 47 times)

WayneM

Repeating a procedure multiple times -shortcut key ?
« on: April 03, 2019, 12:37:15 PM »
Have been away from D.C. for too long, can't remember the shortcut key(s) to repeat a procedure (example - chamfers), can't find anything in the manual or on computer help.   

adriank

Re: Repeating a procedure multiple times -shortcut key ?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 07:30:24 AM »
I have re-assigned virtually every command on my keyboard, so I can't tell you the default - however, go to Options/Keyboard and in categories scroll down to 'others'
Select 'Repeat Last Command' and it will list any keys already assigned in the 'current keys' field.

Adrian

Dr PR

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 09:01:32 AM »
I replied to this long ago (apparently in the very long minute that the forum was lost in another dimension of time), but my response seems to have been forgotten.

The F3 key will repeat the last command you used.

Originally it repeated every command, such as zoom in/out. But as a result of user requests several years ago the function was changed to repeat only commands that actually modified the drawing, such as setting points, drawing lines/curves, etc.

F3 will initiate the command just as if you had executed it from a menu, hot key or tool box. You still have to enter the relevant values - although some commands "remember" the last values entered so the F3 function will initiate them exactly as last used. In this case you still have to press "Enter" to execute the function.

F3 will repeat macros that are assigned to function keys, toolbox icons or menu items - the menu, toolbox of hot key commands are repeated.

Phil
DesignCAD user since 1987

Rob S

• Construction Estimating Program for General Contractors
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 09:04:59 AM »
Some or most commands can be double-clicked on the main toolbar for repeat performances.   I just tried a few, such as box, and trim, but it did not work for the text command in V2016

Another way is to press F3 key for a repeat of the most recent command.
User since Pro-design

Lar

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 07:14:41 AM »

but it did not work for the text command in V2016
Doubling clicking "Text" or "Text Block" works for me in the latest version I have, with the latest update: V27.0, dated 27 Feb 2017 (the one where you don't get the strange text for degrees... but you can't access the Insert Manager from the menu or Shift+M, which I thought was fixed already).

Double clicking a toolbox button of a drawing command repeats that command as long as you don't set points or press keys not needed for that command in between.

What I mean is: Say you double click the line button, you set some points (the rubberband previews the line), press enter, a line is drawn, set some more points, press the middle mouse button for enter, a line is drawn, press more points... then you press or click Z, sets 2 points to zooms in, then continues setting points for the line, then press enter to finish the line... the repeating stops. You will have to double click the line button again to get the repeating (which is no big deal, really).

If you had press enter to complete the line command then press Z and zoomed in, you would have gotten 1 more repeat of the line command (since the new line command had already started once you pressed enter and before you pressed Z).

Lar