Author Topic: DesignCAD V23 stopped working  (Read 154 times)

ChiliBill

DesignCAD V23 stopped working
« on: September 23, 2018, 12:51:31 PM »
I went to open my ever faithful V23 today, and I get the message 'The program has stopped working'.  I had just used it yesterday.  Tried to repair, but no luck.  I backed up my files, and removed the program.  It is asking me for a 15 character code to reinstall it.  I may have received this when I bought it years ago, but have no idea what it is.  Can, and how do I get it back?  Is it in a folder somewhere?

BTW is the free version still available?  I never used the 3D feature in the purchased version.

Thanks
Bill

Bob P

• Era Replica Automobiles
Re: DesignCAD V23 stopped working
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 08:33:04 AM »
The only "free versions" were trial versions that only worked for a short period of time.
The serial number is 16 digits, as is the Activation code. You have neither? If you have the serial number, you can get another activation code by calling turbocad.com.

P.S.
Have you run chkdsk on the drive?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 08:45:04 AM by Bob P »

ChiliBill

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 02:47:02 PM »
Thanks Bob,

Just completed and chkdsk was OK.  I found my original purchase invoice with the SN.  Installed fine, but I still get the same problem.   I downloaded the trial version last night, and it seem very much the same as before (that's a good thing).  Is TurboCAD much improved over my old V23?  The cost isn't really significant, and I could probably use the upgrade if so. :) 

I'd almost rather spend the money than hours of crawling around inside my computer.

Bob P

• Era Replica Automobiles
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 04:43:19 PM »
You must call up Turbocad to get the activation code for DC. It's usually not a problem.

Changing over to TurboCad is a major interface change. If you're comfortable with DC, I wouldn't do it. Alternately, you could update your DC to the latest version for less than the full price. See
https://www.turbocad.com/content/designcad

ChiliBill

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 03:38:34 PM »
Just a follow up.  The problem was an update to Bitdefender.  Would have thought the anti virus would show the error instead of windows.  Added an exception to a new feature.  Works fine now.