Author Topic: Determine if patches were installed?  (Read 131 times)

BlankMan

Determine if patches were installed?
« on: September 08, 2018, 04:32:44 PM »
Is there a way to show/tell if a patch set was installed or not? DesignCAD 3D MAX 2018 x64
Newbie? Not.
Been using DesignCAD 3D since ~1990
Still have version 4 floppies...

Dr PR

Re: Determine if patches were installed?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 09:32:40 PM »
The "Help/About DesignCAD" dialog shows the latest install/patch release date and Version number.

You just need to know what the latest patch date and/or version number is. You can find this on the page where new versions and patches are posted.

You may also be able to see what the latest patch file name is in your Windows "Downloads" folder.

Phil
DesignCAD user since 1987

BlankMan

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 08:36:13 PM »
Thanks Phil. I see now how the date in the "About" corresponds to the patch date. Looks like I do have #1 in but not 2 & 3.

Oh and, I doubt there's anything in my Windows download folder, I don't conform to Windoze ways of doing things...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 08:37:46 PM by BlankMan »
Newbie? Not.
Been using DesignCAD 3D since ~1990
Still have version 4 floppies...

Dr PR

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 09:48:04 PM »
BlankMan,

Like you, I don't do things the Windows way - at least the dumbed down Apple like later versions. I deplore the "My crap" folders and use the file system for all file transfers to specific folders.

Nevertheless, I find quite a bit of garbage in the Windows download folder, including some files I thought I had put elsewhere. For one thing, any time you open a file directly from the Internet it is first copied to the download folder. So if you open a PDF file and then save it from Acrobat Reader to a specific folder a copy remains in the Download folder. Some program updates are saved in the Download folder.

Phil
DesignCAD user since 1987