Author Topic: Toolbox Customization  (Read 209 times)

skyline

Toolbox Customization
« on: August 11, 2018, 02:55:45 AM »
Hello,

Can any one tell me why some commands are either not available or cannot be added to a custom toolbox?

For example, the zoom object command, the scale object command, the trim multiple lines command.

Trim multiple lines is available to add as a command when you customise your toolboxes in options. However it refuses to appear in the toolbox bar. A blank button with no symbol does sometimes appear instead.

Zoom selected from the selection edit menu is an object zoom, whereas the zoom which can be added to the custom toolbox is a window zoom. Object zoom is not available. Sometimes a button appear labelled 'separator' instead.

Scale command is not available to add to the toolbox from the list.

I use these a lot, any way to get them into my custom toolbox? Can use short keys too but toolbox is handy.

Cheers

adriank

Re: Toolbox Customization
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 10:26:37 AM »
I just made a custom toolbox with 'Trim Multiple Lines', 'Zoom To Selection' and 'Selection Scale' in it - I assume those are the commands you are referring to - and they display and work fine for me.

Side-bar comment, I have never used the 'Selection Scale' command, I always use the 'Selection Zoom' command which looks almost the same and not to be confused with the 'Zoom To Selection' command.
'Selection Zoom' actually rescales, not zooms, which it does equally in X & Y axis - it saves entering the same value in the X & Y fields if you don't want to distort the selection.

Adrian

Pearco

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 12:47:41 PM »
skyline;
What version are you using. If I remember right, the trim multiple lines was created but was not available for tool boxes till some time later. I have had trim multiple and zoom window along with a total of 54 other custom tool bars, but not up all the time.
Jim
User since ProDesign 1.5

skyline

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 01:25:51 AM »
Thanks I am using version 25.

Yes the commend I am using is not zoom to selection. It is zoom found in edit>selection edit>zoom to rescale a selected item.

None of the three commands I listed will appear in a custom tool box for me.

Is there a maximum number of commands for a toolbox?

Thanks

Bob P

• Era Replica Automobiles
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 02:41:49 AM »
Have you tried SelectScaleOrtho in a toolbox? That's the command I extracted when I used the Record Macro utility.

* It did not work unless I specified a zoom factor right in the macro. Without specifying, it used the last zoom factor. The macro will have to initially ask for a number, and where the zoom is to be centered.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 03:16:41 AM by Bob P »

adriank

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 04:05:34 AM »
I do seem to recall there was an issue with the number of tools in a toolbox at one stage, but it's never been an issue for me. I don't think there has been an issue with the number of toolboxes though - what happens if you make a new toolbox with just the tools causing you problems in it?
Do you have all the available updates for V25 installed?

Adrian

DrollTroll

• Kindly Curmudgeon
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 08:17:01 AM »
skyline, that command is shown in the toolbar command list as 'SelectionZoom'.
25 years with DesignCAD

Lar

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 08:57:13 AM »
Is there a maximum number of commands for a toolbox?
48 is the maximum number of buttons dcad allows in a single toolbox.

skyline, that command is shown in the toolbar command list as 'SelectionZoom'.
I can confirm this. I've had that button in one of my custom toolboxes since forever.