Author Topic: hidden lines removal goes away  (Read 207 times)

BillCairns

hidden lines removal goes away
« on: July 02, 2018, 03:20:27 PM »
Hmmm...  I'm a newbie, and I'm trying to figure out how I can hide the lines that shouldn't be visible.  If I click the "hidden line removal" icon and press enter (OK) when the popup pops up, then the hidden lines are hidden.  But as soon as I touch a scroll bar for example, they reappear.  Is that the way it's supposed to work?  Is there a way to make the hidden lines stay hidden?

Pearco

Re: hidden lines removal goes away
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 06:10:00 PM »
Bill;
Could you explain how you get from point a to point b. Hidden line works fine for me. That leads me to wonder about your method.
I also wonder where you got this hidden line icon from. More details are needed.
Jim
User since ProDesign 1.5

Rob S

• Construction Estimating Program for General Contractors
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 08:15:38 PM »
If you shade a 3D drawing in GDI hidden line mode, this is a one-time display, which reverts to wireframe as soon as you start to work on the drawing

If you shade the same drawing using Open-GL hidden line mode, this will persist and you can move, rotate, and draw other objects without losing the hidden line mode.

Does this clear up your issue??
User since Pro-design

Lar

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 08:20:17 PM »
Bill, in the hidden line dialog, if the very top field is saying GDI then click it and then click Open GL. Now when you click OK the screen will remain hidden line when you zoom, orbit and scroll.

Lar

BillCairns

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 05:46:37 PM »
Perfect, thanks all, OpenGL is the secret.