Author Topic: Change AW_TYPE - Does NOT appear to work.  (Read 326 times)

jacklward

Change AW_TYPE - Does NOT appear to work.
« on: June 04, 2018, 05:52:52 AM »
After too many hours trying to figure out what was going wrong with Change AW_TYPE, I concluded the problem is within DCAD.

To test my theory I wrote a short macro, attached, and a small DCAD drawing, also attached.

Open the drawing, select a column of black arrows (12) and run the macro.

The results should look like the blue arrows NOT the red ones.

Any Ideas would be appreciated.

Lar

Re: Change AW_TYPE - Does NOT appear to work.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 09:15:47 AM »

It looks like Change AW_TYPE is broken, from what I can determine.

Besides that, it seems the arrow type numbering is not relative to the order they are displayed in the arrow command dialog.

This is the type numbering: 1, 10, 4, 8, 5, 9, 11, 12, 3, 7, 2, 6

Lar
...I reported it in Bug Reports.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 09:27:37 AM by Lar »

jacklward

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 01:31:37 PM »
Lar,

I think the type numbering is ok, at least macro command >Arrow...<Type (the arrow numbers are in the order they appear in DCAD).

I ran in to the Change AW_TYPE problem last year but forgot about it, as I recall reading AW_TYPE works correctly, the problem as I recall was only with Change.

Unfortunately, I was in need of a solution which I now assume is a long way off.

I'm going to send it to IMSI tech support and see if they have a solution, the problem is I doubt their solution will work for v20 which I am back using because every version after 20 has gotten slower and slower with 2018 taking over 2x longer to do redraws.

Its too bad someone at IMSI didn't  bother to test Change AW_ARROW when they wrote the software for that command, obviously, this has been this way since v20 and most likely forever.  I just have a hard time fathoming how no one caught it, anyone testing Change would see that it didn't work!

Jack

Lar

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 03:21:19 PM »

(the arrow numbers are in the order they appear in DCAD).
Not sure if we are on the same page or not but what I'm saying is the numbering for the way they appear in dcad's arrow command is in this order:
1, 10, 4, 8, 5, 9, 11, 12, 3, 7, 2, 6
Besides that,  DT's Macros Review says the numbering is from 0 to 13. If you notice, "0" and "13" are not in the arrow command. Wonder if that has something to do with Change AW_TYE being broken.

Lar

Shaheryar Rafiq

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 05:18:15 AM »
Issue was reproduced at our end. Our development team is looking into for possible fix.

Thank you for your patience and for bringing this up.
SQAE
IMSIDesign