Author Topic: ID_LOAD_WORKSPACE (How to load different dws files using BasicCAD)  (Read 258 times)

jacklward

ID_LOAD_WORKSPACE

I looked at a post from 7 years ago, did ID_LOAD_WORKSPACE ever get fixed so one can specify the dws file for basiccad to load?

I have several workspace configurations, I would like to be able to load the one I specify and have it be the default for the opened drawing.

I tried macro record but it doesn't record the workspace file I select. All it comes up with is...

>ID_LOAD_WORKSPACE
{
  }

Any help will be appreciated.

Jack

ANSWER...Sort Of

>ID_LOAD_WORKSPACE
{
  }

It apperars, that you can NOT specify a workspace file to load in your macro (which is what users were asking IMSI for over 7 years ago), instead...

DCAD will ask you to select a dws file from the default workspace file location in DCAD, or you can change folders, then it will ask if you want it to be the default DCAD workspace (NOTE, if you answer Yes it changes ALL your defaults for ALL future drawings).

Too bad IMSI's solution requires 2 user inputs plus clicking through folders to find the dws file one wants.  Instead of one line where you could specify the workspace files path!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 04:00:09 AM by jacklward »

Lar

Re: ID_LOAD_WORKSPACE (How to load different dws files using BasicCAD)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 09:23:31 AM »

Try this, see if it works..

>ID_LOAD_WORKSPACE
{
>FIle "name of file to be opened"
}

(look up "ID_LOAD_WORKSPACE" in DT's "Macros17 Review" for the proper syntax)

Lar
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 09:29:32 AM by Lar »

jacklward

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 10:04:29 AM »
Lar,

Include "D:\BACKUP\DesignCAD (JW)\My Macros\- DcadAlias (fm 2018) .d3i"

Precision 0

>ID_LOAD_WORKSPACE
{
>FIle "D:\BACKUP\DesignCAD (JW)\My Macros\MyWorkspace(Std)(Txt0.45)(Mult0.333-).DWS"
}

I tried it but I get an error "Missing parameter section of DesignCAD command" which looks like it thinks I want to run the file (missing parameter)  not load it.

I tried it without the "" and with the arrow reversed < with and without quotes, all resulted in errors.

I couldn't find any reference to ID_LOAD_WORKSPACE anywhere in DT's Macro17Review.

Jack

Lar

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 11:25:38 AM »

Try 'File' without any arrow.

"Missing parameter etc" always means the arrow is missing or wrong, or the curly brackets are not correct somehow. The File one should be <.

Look to see if some other curly bracket or arrow needs fixing.

jacklward

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 03:17:23 PM »
Lar,

Here is the entire macro I am running...

>ID_LOAD_WORKSPACE
{
File "MyWorkspace.dws"
}

I get 2 errors...Error:Invalid syntax. File: D:\BACKUP\DesignCAD (JW)\My Macros\_ Test Macro.d3m, Line:3 File "MyWorkspace.dws", Then Error: An error occurred in a DesignCAD command.  File: D:\BACKUP\DesignCAD (JW)\My Macros\_ Test Macro.d3m, Line:3 File "MyWorkspace.dws"

7 years ago you were in a post where it was determined that ID_LOAD_WORKSPACE didn't allow any other commands, but it was going to be fixed.

Did they ever actually fix it ?

Jack

Lar

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 07:38:23 PM »

I'm guessing it was never fixed.

I'm also guessing my contribution to that topic was that macros somehow got listed in my dcad's Task Bar icon and clicking on one would start dcad and run the macro.

This current dcad 2018's icon doesn't list anything at all.

Maybe you can record a macro running all the commands whose parameters you want saved, then edit the macro and replace any points with the 'null' parameter.

jacklward

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 03:53:12 AM »
ANSWER (Sort Of) at bottom of Original Post.