Author Topic: Send KEYSTROKES from BasicCAD to DesignCAD  (Read 201 times)

jacklward

Send KEYSTROKES from BasicCAD to DesignCAD
« on: May 20, 2018, 05:58:23 AM »
Is there anyway to send keystrokes from BasicCAD to DesignCAD, same as pressing the keys on the keyboard?

My work around is to run a AutoHotkey script from BasicCAD sending the keys as a file parameter, but that's a pain.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lar

Re: Send KEYSTROKES from BasicCAD to DesignCAD
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 09:08:31 AM »
All a keystroke does is invoke a command. You just have to call up the command in basiccad.

Two tricks you can try:
1) 'Translate' a key to a command by recording a macro (tools menu). Pressing a key during the recording will write the command in the macro with most if not all its parameters (when recording a macro a little dialog box opens in the upper left corner of the screen. One of the buttons is to select the types of parameters the recorder will write in commands). You can record a template macro by just pressing shortcuts. Maybe first write out a list of the keys for you to follow then integrate the list in the macro file after it's recorded. Later you can use this macro file as a reference when writing macros.

2) Use your shortcut keys as aliases for commands. I don't use aliases myself so I don't know exactly how to go about it (or even if dcad would allow a shortcut to be used as an aliases) but far as I know you can create you own aliases in one of dcad's ini files. I think there's also a way to use substitute words for code while writing macros. You wil have to research it.
In option-2 I don't know how you would deal with variables in.

If by 'sending keystrokes' you mean doing so manually while a macro runs what I do is place a 'setpoint' command where I need to do stuff. At that point during the running of the macro I can perform any number of commands manually (using menus, keys and toolboxes - can't run other macros though) and when I'm done I just click in a window and the macro continues. You can't run macros during a command but you can run commands during a macro.

Lar
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 09:13:00 AM by Lar »