Author Topic: Keyboard Shortcuts - Add Windows Key,Ctrl,Alt,Shift Modifiers to All Keys  (Read 222 times)

jacklward

Please Add Windows Key to ALL Keys on the keyboard.

Please Add Ctrl, Alt, Shift key Modifiers to ALL non letter, non number and non function keys, example; [ ] \ 

Please Remove ALL bracketed keys, example; <!>, since the key or shifted key accomplishes the same thing and makes all key modifiers similar, example; Shift_1 and <!> (same key), furthermore they can currently be assigned to two different commands but only one will work!

Currently Windows key is not a modifier (this would double the total available keys but in reality more than quadruple the number of easy to remember keys, example, D for dimension and windows_D for another dimension, etc. is easy to remember.

Having separate non-letter shortcuts, example, [ and { which is actually shift [, is not necessary, it would be far better to have [ only with Windows Key, Ctrl, Alt and Shift Modifiers like all the other keys.

KEYBOARD BUGS...
I have been trying 2018 for less than TWO WEEKS and have found several Bugs in the Keyboard Options, for example; 2018 allows you to assign a shifted number key and its corresponding <> key to different commands, example; Shift_1 and <!> (the same key) can be assigned to different commands. 
Control_Shift_0 can be assigned to any command but pressing it doesn't do anything (it doesn't work).  I assume other keys may also not work.

Thank you for your consideration.

edgar

• Retired-loving every minute of it
    • My Lame Site
Please Remove ALL bracketed keys, example; <!>, since the key or shifted key accomplishes the same thing and makes all key modifiers similar, example; Shift_1 and <!> (same key), furthermore they can currently be assigned to two different commands but only one will work!
For those of us who drive DesignCAD with an external shortcut key manager (Dragon NaturallySpeaking, AutoIT3, Auto Hot Key etc.) we can actually send a <SHIFT+1> and it is different from <!> (or even <SHIFT+!>). Personally, I would lobby to keep this ability BUT add a little logic in DesignCAD's keyboard manager to warn the user of potential conflict and allow the user to decide.
-Ed