Author Topic: Cannot update DesignCAD 2018  (Read 773 times)

Rob S

• Construction Estimating Program for General Contractors
Re: Cannot update DesignCAD 2018
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2018, 09:24:05 AM »
Pretty much same result here

Note the file seems to contain some very huge co-ordinate numbers, including various Z-co-ordinates so it is a 3d file, but I can't rotate it to display a front view
User since Pro-design

pjc4

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2018, 10:24:59 AM »
Thanks to both of you for the attempts. I'll see if I can get a DXF file. I've got the same file that was converted to AutoCAD 2000, but it's more than twice as big as the first one (5.1 MB), so it's too big to post. It did the same thing as the first one.

Phil

Lar

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2018, 11:18:41 AM »

I attached the dcad file of what I was able to import (blocks not exploded). Sounds like the same as what Adrian got (see image). Funny thing is I saved the dcd file as in the image but it reopens with everything zoomed out in all the windows, so it appears blank. You have to select-all, with point select mode on, to see where stuff is. Most of the stuff are in the constellation in the upper left (the northpoint star, the logo and what looks like a marker). There are lots of zero-length lines. When I reopen the file dcad wants to browse for linked symbols, which I guess are "ex-refs" because far as I know acad don't export symbols.

Lar
note: I temporarily duplicated everything off to the side, selected the duplicate and zoomed in on that in the upper right window so the dots appear while the stuff in the other windows don't be in the selection color (since if so no line details would be visible).
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 11:26:40 AM by Lar »

Bob P

• Era Replica Automobiles
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2018, 11:30:12 AM »
Thanks to both of you for the attempts. I'll see if I can get a DXF file. I've got the same file that was converted to AutoCAD 2000, but it's more than twice as big as the first one (5.1 MB), so it's too big to post. It did the same thing as the first one.

Phil
Many DXFs will shrink considerably if you zip them. You may have to change the file extension to post, but just warn us so that we can change it back.

pjc4

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2018, 03:15:03 PM »
Here's the survey in DXF zipped.

Phil

Bob P

• Era Replica Automobiles
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2018, 06:10:59 PM »
I had to run it through Accutrans 3D and save it to a different name in order to view it in DC. It appears that while the drawing is a sheet, the object has a small amount of depth to it.

pjc4

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2018, 05:58:46 AM »
Thanks. I'll try it, but I'm wondering if this will be required for all DWG files.

Phil