Author Topic: Rendering Crash Issues  (Read 161 times)

wisoak

Rendering Crash Issues
« on: April 07, 2018, 09:49:20 AM »
Ver.24.

I had often experienced crashes during the start of a rendering process while in the 3-D mode. I may have discovered a cause, and am asking the experts on this forum if it is a possibility.

I often copy and paste parts from one file into another to complete my intended part or image. After experiencing some crashes, I investigated where the 'LIGHT SOURCE' info from the 1st file and 2nd file combined into the new 3rd file may be causing some conflict in the joined drawing image. I redid the drawing after cancelling out any light source selections (point light, position, shadows, ambient intensity, etc in all files)., and I could then successfully render the image without a crash. before rendering the final image, I could then do any light source changes.Could I be correct that original file light sourcing of part A and B could ultimately have been causing my rendering crash issues?
V24.0

Pearco

Re: Rendering Crash Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 11:59:40 AM »
wisoak;

You may be on to something here. I think your logic  would be easy for the programer's to look into.
Jim
User since ProDesign 1.5

Rob S

• Construction Estimating Program for General Contractors
Re: Rendering Crash Issues
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 03:09:39 PM »
Can you upload a sample drawing containing pasted objects that crashes for you?

It could be specific to your video or other setup, and if others can confirm it, then such a sample would help them to check it out.
User since Pro-design