Author Topic: Coordinate Bar Field Width  (Read 216 times)

Michaeld04

• Keep It Simple
Coordinate Bar Field Width
« on: March 25, 2018, 09:13:13 AM »
DC ver. 27.0     When I go to:  "Options", "Options", (Q) "General" down to "coordinate bar field width", and change it to what I want,  then pick either: "Set as Default" then "Apply" or "Apply" then "Set as Default" then "OK", The bar changes as it should.  While I'm running DC, opening or closing drawings all day and half the night, the bar is just what I want. When I close DC and come back later, then open DC, the Coordinate Bar Field Width is not the new default. It is the Original Default size.  BUT, when I return to the "Options", "General" the Coordinate bar field width show the number that I changed it to. I then must edit it to apply it again.  Opening previous dwgs. makes no difference.  Previous post searches where in 2015 for references to Coordinate bar things.
Got Some Help For This One Somewhere?

Rob S

• Construction Estimating Program for General Contractors
Re: Coordinate Bar Field Width
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 07:29:20 PM »
This setting and the displayed width sticks for me in both V2016 and V2018 after a shutdown and restart.

It is saved in the DCGeneral.ini file usually located in your user folder, or if you installed for me only, then in whatever folder your program is installed in.

See if this file is re-dated when you change this setting, and if it contains the new width on about line 40?

Do other custom setting such as file-path etc stick for you?
User since Pro-design

Dr PR

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 09:03:44 PM »
If the .ini file (or the folder it is in) somehow became read only you changes would not stick.

You might try starting DesignCAD as the Administrator (right click on the DesignCAD icon and select "Run as Administrator) and see if the changes stick then.

Phil
DesignCAD user since 1987

Michaeld04

• Keep It Simple
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 07:58:42 AM »
DC_General.ini in the correct directory.
After making the change "inside" DC, then Exiting DC, then opening "DC_General.ini", it still had 96. I had changed it to 75 inside DC.
I had to change "ownership" rights to save changed file. Then Opened DC again. and it still had the original size of 96.
Note: It would duplicate, continuously.  Reviewing DC_General again, it showed 75.
Note: This is where I changed to a "custom" Icon size. Editing that to 20 and it changed correctly and repeatedly. As long as I didn't try to change Icon size in "Options".

Michaeld04

• Keep It Simple
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 08:24:27 AM »
All other customization()s have worked accordingly.

Michaeld04

• Keep It Simple
NEW INFO: Coordinate Bar Field Width Sticking
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 01:21:42 PM »
If I Open DC in 2D mode, the Bar displays by location and size according to "DC_General.ini (size of 75) then, in that case I open anything, and I don't have to resize and move it out of the way.  Then change to 3D mode and it's good.
If I open DC in 3D mode, the Bar is the default size of 96 and in the way.  Thus requiring: Options, General, overwrite the current value with anything so that "Apply" and "OK" change it, then move and resize my display windows.
It's consistent with "RED-SDK, OpenGL, and that other "nothing one".
I suspect it's a "bug".

Rob S

• Construction Estimating Program for General Contractors
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 08:37:59 PM »
Aha, never thought to test it in 3D mode for my reply above...

This can get really weird.  Closing and reOpening in 3D mode reverts to previous setting.

Clicking on 2D mode while open uses some other setting, and then clicking on 3D mode again seems to use the latest setting.

The apply button does not seem to work in 3D mode right now, I thought it used to.  OK is needed to apply a change.

Definitely something flaky here...
User since Pro-design