Author Topic: Lines do not print  (Read 102 times)

bobblack

Lines do not print
« on: April 17, 2018, 11:06:34 AM »
I'm running DCad 22 @D on Win 10.

Recently I'm having lines on simple drawing that do not print. I have one instance when I print a selection and a line did not appear and when printed later some of the missing liens appeared in the print. I'm printing letter size drawings on a laser printer. I'm not having any other print problems with other programs

I have spent some time comparing details on the info box between lines that print and those that do not. I can not detect anything different.

Sometimes it seems that dimension lines maybe obscuring the solid lines but I cannot come up with a positive correlation.

I suspect I've turned something on or off, but I can't detect what it might be.

Thanks,

Bob Black

Bob Black in Atlanta

Lar

Re: Lines do not print
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 01:55:40 PM »
Any chance you using an HP plotter from the 90's. Use to be that if you used the internal memory lines would get left out. You had to use the computer's memory to guarantee a complete print.

bdeck

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 03:15:48 PM »
Ive had that problem before when some orthongonal  zero-width lines had trouble printing on a laser.

This fixed it: http://forum.designcadcommunity.com/index.php?topic=6884.msg49449#msg49449

Rob S

• Construction Estimating Program for General Contractors
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 04:26:47 PM »
Another thing you can try is print to pdf, (using free cute pdf or foxit or one of the other free pdf programs) and see if all the lines are there, and then print the pdf to paper.
User since Pro-design