Author Topic: Large file  (Read 799 times)

kchoekstra

• Recent 6.0 convert since 1985
Re: Large file
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2018, 07:36:46 AM »
Spectacular. Nice job. Our first Compaq, 20meg ahrd drive, 1986 D-Cad 5-1/4" floppies. The file sizes are amazing. Congratulations.

KC.

Pearco

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2018, 09:05:41 AM »
DRPR:

Very very very nice.
My hat is off to you.
Jim
User since ProDesign 1.5

Dempsey

• Intel i7-960, 12GB, NVidiaGTX570, Win7x64, DC26.2
    • World of van Vliet
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2018, 09:59:42 AM »
Phil,

Congratulations. She is a beauty!

On average 560 entities or 4,317 points per day !!!

Yes, you deserve a day off  ;D
Dempsey

Dr PR

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2018, 11:15:10 AM »
Dempsey,

I hadn't thought if it that way! 560 entities per day, for 14 years!

I'm not certain what a DesignCAD entity is. Individual lines, curves, etc. do seem to be entities. But are solids single entities or collections of entities? What about grids?

In any case, it is somewhat mind boggling to think of averaging 560 of anything per day, especially since most of the days in those 14 years I wasn't working on the model. There were periods of several months at a time when I did no actual work on the model, but when I was occupied with other things, such as working in my business, managing several web pages, researching the model or just hiking/back packing around Oregon.

On those days I was working on the model I must have been churning out several thousand entities per day!

Being curious about entities and points, I started with a blank drawing with no entities or points, and deleted everything except the specific object I was working on (all template lines were deleted after creating the grids). Here is what I discovered:

a line - 1 entity and 4 points.
a curve - 1 entity and 5 points
a plane - 1 entity and 7 points
a grid - 3 entities and 8 points (a grid stretched over two straight lines with one plane per line and no intermediate breaks)
a grid - 6 entities and 45 points (a grid stretched over three curves, with six planes per line and one intermediate break)
a cube - 5 entities and 28 points
a cylinder - 20 entities and 106 points (12 facets)

Well there are a lot of cylinders and grids in the model, so I guess it is easy to see how I racked up lots of entities and points.

Phil
DesignCAD user since 1987

Lar

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2018, 01:24:38 PM »
Beautiful work, Phil. Amazing.