Author Topic: Dimension with Letter for value for dimension  (Read 197 times)

tinman

Dimension with Letter for value for dimension
« on: May 26, 2018, 05:58:48 AM »
I am trying to set up an example to use for a formula I am creating for a shape- I would like one of the dimensions to have an X for the value for the dimension another to have a Y etc.  Depending on what you input for these values a formula on an excel spreadsheet would calculate other dimension on the image I have created.

How can I create a dimension with a text value where the dimension value would be created?

Another option would be to create a dimension leader which I can place to look like a dimension?

I am basically trying to create an image in TurboCAD which I can paste in Excel to show the user what the input values represent.  I have attached an image to illustrate this.  What i am trying to do is have the 1/2" value replaced with an X the 1/4" value replaced with a 1/2X and he 3/4" replaced with a Y for thickness.

Any thoughts on how I might do this?   

Bob P

• Era Replica Automobiles
Re: Dimension with Letter for value for dimension
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 06:21:02 AM »
Are you sure that this doesn't belong in the Turbocad Forum?

http://forums.turbocad.com/

tinman

Re: Dimension with Letter for value for dimension
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 06:46:55 AM »
Bob P,

You may be right.  I am using the product TurboCAD Designer 2017.  I looked at the top right of this page and it referred to TurboCAD DesignCAD. 

I will post on the Forum you provided the link to,  I am getting a little confused regarding the TurboCAD product offerings and their names.