Author Topic: 2018 Problems  (Read 194 times)

2018 Problems
« on: December 08, 2017, 08:07:00 AM »
Info Box
1.  “Same As” button has vanished!  It is described in the Help File, but doesn’t appear in the Info Box.

2.  When first activated, the Info Box is only partially visible.  Only a small portion of the left side is visible.  It can be dragged so that most of it is visible, but not all.  A partially visible selection box can be seen at the top.  It is impossible to know if there other items above it – maybe the “Same As” button.

3.  Resizing the Info Box only lasts for the current session.  When DC is opened again the Info Box is again only partially visible.

Four-Sided Selection Arrow
When the cursor changes to the four-sided arrow to make a selection it is so small and light weight that it can hardly be seen.  That makes accurate selections very difficult.

What can be done to correct these problems?

paul craig

Re: 2018 Problems
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 01:37:39 PM »
I certainly am having no problems with the info box in 2018.

Where have you got the box on your drawing? Maybe that makes a difference. Mine I have docked on the right side, when I diminish it then I do indeed lose the notifications, but by
stretching it everything becomes visible, and in my case, it stays as long as I have an item highlighted. I am pretty sure that it does not stay on screen all the time, only when you are
using it. I.E. when you have an object highlighted. I do not remember it always being open when I did not need to use it.

• Intel i7-960, 12GB, NVidiaGTX570, Win7x64, DC26.2
    • World of van Vliet
Re: 2018 Problems
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 02:59:35 PM »
If things like Info Box position or other settings are not saved between program executions then you most likely have no write privileges to the directory (folder) where the various DC_xxx.ini are saved.

For example, I have V2016 (64bit) installed for multiple users, although I am the only user. The actual programs and dll files are stored on C:\Program Files\IMSIDesign\DesignCAD 3D Max 2016\ while my personal settings are located in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\DesignCAD 3D MAX 2016 64-bit\ to which you have write privileges.

Initially the user data is copied from C:\ProgramData\IMSIDesign\DesignCAD 3D MAX 2016 64-bit\ when you start the program for the first time after installation.