Author Topic: Popup Window Settings in DC 2106  (Read 241 times)

rjspear

Popup Window Settings in DC 2106
« on: November 12, 2017, 06:49:53 AM »
I just upgraded to DesignCad 2016 and have encountered a puzzling annoyance. One example, the infobox now appears on the left hand side of the screen and is not fully revelaed. It used to appear on the right hand side with all options showing, and I would like to know if there is a way to tell it to move!  :) Other windows, such as parallel by distance, etc., still appear on the right as they did in my previous version. What am I overlooking here?

--Bob

P.S. Apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere.

DrollTroll

• Kindly Curmudgeon
  • Administrator
Re: Popup Window Settings in DC 2106
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 07:39:04 AM »
Double-click on something to select it -- the Info Box should roll open and pin itself open. Now drag it by the 'Info Box' titlebar to the right-hand side of the screen. As you drag it you'll get a short, wide rectangle representing its undocked state. When it's ready to dock on the right side, the rectangle will expand to the full height again; release here.
25 years with DesignCAD

rjspear

Re: Popup Window Settings in DC 2106
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 07:55:58 AM »
Well, it worked and it didn't work. Followed your instructions and got the box on the right side where I wanted it. But the next time I double clicked on an entity, the box popped up on the left again. This time when I dragged it to the right and expanded it to full size, I noticed the pin button near the top. Oh, what the heck, I thought and bravely clicked it. Next time I called the box up it appeared on the right side Duh. So it looks like there's that way to enforce one's preferences on the box's location. If something else strange happens, I'll get back to you.

Thanks for the fast response!

--Bob