Author Topic: Double line point relative  (Read 134 times)

Ado

Double line point relative
« on: June 06, 2017, 04:30:38 PM »
When I make an arc and convert it to a double line (with or without end caps)how can I get a point relative on the new line?
I'm new to this so sorry if ti's a simple question.
Cheers.

Lar

Re: Double line point relative
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 10:04:08 AM »
Do you mean "how to snap to any of the points of a double line?"  If so...

First understand that even though a double line has thickness there is only one point for every bend/endpoint in the line, as if the line has no thickness. This location of the point depends on the 'alignment' of the double line (ie, Left, Right or Center). You can see the points if you turn on "Point Select Mode" and select the double line.

What I do if I need to snap to the "non-point" corners is duplicate (N) the double line on top of itself, then explode the duplicate. This turns it into a regular line so you can then snap to any corner.

I do this if I want to keep the double lines (I delete the duplicates when finished or just leave them there for later use). If I don't need the lines to be "double line entities" I would draw the double line "as a Vector (or Plane)" (the last item on the double line toolbar) so it draws the thickness automatically but is created with all the points "snap-at-able".

Lar
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 10:07:28 AM by Lar »