Author Topic: Problem with Dimension Circle  (Read 195 times)

Gymbo

Problem with Dimension Circle
« on: May 27, 2017, 10:45:54 AM »
Hi,

I'm having a problem with the gap between the arrow line and the dimension. Tried inserting an image which didn't seem to work so I put the image in an attachment. This is after a new install of DesignCAD 23 on a new computer.
Regards,

Jim

Gymbo

Re: Problem with Dimension Circle
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 11:06:18 AM »
Found it in the Info Box, "Force text horizontal inside". First time I've come across this and there doesn't seem to be a default setting for that.
Regards,

Jim

Pearco

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 05:14:43 PM »
Gymbo;

If you want to set the gap from the dim line to the text as a default, go to File/work space set up/ select dimensions/details and pick the dim radius. There you will find a lot of setting you want. That gap is controlled by the text offset. When you are done be sure to set as default to save them. You will have to restart by Open/new so that Dcad has to read the new settings. You can set many default for your style of drawing. All other dims have their own setting.
Jim
User since ProDesign 1.5

Gymbo

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 09:52:16 AM »
Thanks Pearco, but there's something else going on. The default Text offset is 0.2 and without checking 'Force text horizontal inside' the offset is ~ 1.4", checked it measures 0.2". I opened some older drawings that have the correct offset and the 'Force text horizontal inside' is checked, which I didn't do.

There are other strange things going on too, I may have to reinstall to make things right. First I used a special line style on a drawing and now it has become the default every time I start DC. There doesn't seem to be a Option to set a default line style. And while looking for that option I played with the Layer options and when I went back to the drawing there's now a X-Y in the lower left portion of the drawing, I've seen that before but I don't remember what caused it.

Regards,

Jim

Gymbo

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 10:02:44 AM »
Found the x-y coordinate turn off in a post from 2014 (mine :-[), don't know what turned it on but macro "Sys(1173)=0" turns it off.
Regards,

Jim

Gymbo

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 01:05:42 PM »
... I used a special line style on a drawing and now it has become the default every time I start DC. There doesn't seem to be a Option to set a default line style.
Started going through the .ini files found 2 that referenced LineType (DC_Command.ini) and DC_Draw.ini has a [Line Style] section, set both types back to 0, from 9 and now things are almost back to normal. Now I'll be looking for the 'Force text horizontal' switch.
Regards,

Jim

Gymbo

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 02:22:43 PM »
Found an old backup from my previous computer, copied the DC_Dimension.ini file to my DesignCAD 23 folder, NOW everything is back to normal :), I have no idea which of the 222 commands caused the problem.
Regards,

Jim

Lar

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 06:03:47 AM »
Found the x-y coordinate turn off in a post from 2014 (mine :-[ ), don't know what turned it on but macro "Sys(1173)=0" turns it off.

In the Options dialog (Q key), Grid tab, "Display CS", at the very bottom, turns it on/off.

Lar

Gymbo

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 11:44:10 AM »
Lar, I think that's only available in the 3D version, I'm using DC 23 2D.
Regards,

Jim

Pearco

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 01:49:03 PM »
Gymbo;

I'm using 2116 Max and it is there both in 2D and 3D. I just check V23 Max and it is there also. I don't have the 2D only. Seems as thought it was introduced about the time of v20 or so and as you say not in the 2D only program.
Jim
User since ProDesign 1.5

DrollTroll

• Kindly Curmudgeon
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 01:59:02 PM »
Correct, we finally added that control in the 2D version starting with V24.

Fortunately, the sys(1173) trick works in almost all versions since we implemented the CS display (circa v18 or 19, I think)
2016 marks my 24th year in DesignCAD-Land!