Author Topic: Extended Dimension Problem  (Read 376 times)

mhilbert

Extended Dimension Problem
« on: May 12, 2017, 03:51:53 PM »
I have been updating my program written in VB6 to work with the latest version of desingcad, however I am having an issue with extended dimensions, the snippet of code is below:

DcDimExt.Alignment = dcAlignVertical
dcpts.SetCommandPoint (-35 * g), 0, 0
dcpts.SetCommandPoint (-35 * g), lpy11, 0
dcpts.SetCommandPoint (-35 * g), b, 0
dcpts.SetCommandPoint (-d * g), b, 0
DcDimExt.Draw

On the attachedment the dimensions on the right is what the program is giving me and the dimensions on the left is what it should look like.
This code works just fine in Desingcad 14 however seems to not work for some reason with the later versions tried both desingcad 23 and 2016.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Pearco

Re: Extended Dimension Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 05:17:08 PM »
mhilbert;

If your code was written for Dcad14 and it has problems with later versions, the problem may be due to the changes in dims that were made about V17 or V18 to make Dcad more compatible to Acad for dims. DT will have more info for you and this is just a guess by me.
Jim
User since ProDesign 1.5

Rob S

• Construction Estimating Program for General Contractors
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 07:41:10 AM »
I realize macro code is different from VB6 code, but possibly if you record a macro and place the dimension as you would like it to be, the recorded macro will show all the parameters needed to draw such a dimension.

Then you might be able to figure from that how to modify your VB code
User since Pro-design

DrollTroll

• Kindly Curmudgeon
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 09:44:40 AM »
Looks like you're getting a progressive instead of extended dimension... I'll take a look when I get a chance.
25 years with DesignCAD

mhilbert

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 03:31:03 PM »
In case anybody has this same problem and discovers this thread in a few years time, I figured out late last night it is caused by running the dcdimext.draw command in silent mode. Change silent mode to false before running DcDimExt.Draw and back to true afterwards.