Author Topic: Printing large continuous drawings on fanfold paper  (Read 105 times)

Bob P

• Era Replica Automobiles
Printing large continuous drawings on fanfold paper
« on: April 15, 2017, 05:51:11 AM »
Unfortunately, DC insists on using top and bottom margins when you print on fanfold paper. I've found a workaround using the old DOS dcprint.exe under DosBox. (If you need dcprint.exe, I'll post it.) You must first save the file to .dc2 format (and rename the extension to .dw2 so that dcprint will recognize it). I'll also share my DosBox conf file if anyone needs it. Some parameters will need to be changed to match your file paths.
For some reason, dcprint.exe doesn't like LPT3, so I print to a file, then copy the file to LPT3. But it works!

I suppose DC now uses standard Windows print methods so they can't do this simple thing, but they haven't stopped me! :)

Rob S

• Construction Estimating Program for General Contractors
Re: Printing large continuous drawings on fanfold paper
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 07:25:52 AM »
Cool

I remember printing out about a 6' long drawing of some Harbourfront Deck formwork on my old Fujitsu DL 400 or something like that, in full color, and then getting it laminated for the guys to use in the field.

Mandatory margins are a feature of the printer driver, so if you panel your drawing, and print with 0 margins, borderless setting if available, it might work on some printers.
User since Pro-design

Bob P

• Era Replica Automobiles
Re: Printing large continuous drawings on fanfold paper
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 07:58:55 AM »
Unfortunately, my Epson LQ-1050 wide-carriage settings wouldn't accept 0 top and bottom margins, even on fan-fold settings. The only other thing I didn't try was to somehow define new printer paper.