Author Topic: Export Command for V 26.1  (Read 206 times)

bdeck

Export Command for V 26.1
« on: March 08, 2017, 08:32:54 AM »
In Version 26.1, DC improved its behavior when drawing progressive dimensions.

When exporting to dxf or dwg, though, it now saves the dimensions as exploded text, lines, and arrows.

Here's an interim solution that keeps progressive dimensions in tact by replacing them with simple type75 dimensions having the same look. DC even tidies the text up a bit during export. After export the macro cleans up after itself. Reimporting the exported file will require another macro to clean up the text and arrows.

Using this macro requires that you modify your Dc3MaxCmd.ini  file as shown in the excellent post by JJG here: http://forum.designcadcommunity.com/index.php?topic=26.msg18685#msg18685

(Alternatively, you could edit the getparams, and mk75, and/or mksame subroutines in the macro to duplicate every parameter from the parent dimension. (using query, change, and >dimension{} commands)

Regards
BD
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 09:57:39 AM by bdeck »

DrollTroll

• Kindly Curmudgeon
  • Administrator
Re: Export Command for V 26.1
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 01:39:01 PM »
I assume you're speaking specifically about Progressive Dimensions, right? That's because AwfulCAD doesn't seem to have a direct equivalent of DesignCAD's Progressive Dimension. The closest it has is the Baseline Dimension.
2016 marks my 24th year in DesignCAD-Land!

bdeck

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 03:05:42 PM »
I assume you're speaking specifically about Progressive Dimensions, right? That's because (A_CAD) doesn't seem to have a direct equivalent of DesignCAD's Progressive Dimension.

Hi DT,

Yes. This has to do with Progressive Dimensions Only. 

When dealing with A_Cad, exporting and importing simple type 75 linear dimensions is fine with me.

This macro exports progressive dimensions the way versions 18-25 stored and exported them.... by first converting them to type 75.

I appreciate that DC now stores progressive dims as type 79 progressive dims again. Thanks.

This macro is just an interim kludge until DC figures out how to export progressive dimensions as dimensions again. Hint:  Lose "right/left" and get back to "first/second."

Regards,
BD

DrollTroll

• Kindly Curmudgeon
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 04:20:27 AM »
Thanks for the complete answer, BD! We'll look into it.
2016 marks my 24th year in DesignCAD-Land!