Author Topic: DesignCAD 24  (Read 352 times)

W4OP

DesignCAD 24
« on: February 28, 2017, 09:20:09 AM »
I purchased the above in May or June of 2015 and it has worked flawlessly since- until today. When I attempted to open the software, I got a message saying I had to activate the program with a key that was sent to me at time of purchase.- almost 2 years ago. The notice had my serial number in it.
If I did not activate it back then, why has it worked all this time? I don't save emails from  2 years back.

Thanks,
Dale

DrollTroll

• Kindly Curmudgeon
  • Administrator
Re: DesignCAD 24
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 09:22:44 AM »
You did activate it back then, or it wouldn't have been working for all this time. Are you running on a different user account, maybe?

Email me your serial number (I can be reached at kchapman at imsidesign dot com) and I'll create a new activation code for you.
25 years with DesignCAD

W4OP

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 11:18:22 AM »
Excellent customer service.
Thank you very much,

Dale

Dr PR

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 01:22:03 PM »
W40P

Just curious about why DC would suddenly need to be reinstalled. Something must have changed.

What operating system are you using? XP, Win 7, Win 8 or Win 10? 32 bit or 64 bit?

What antivirus are you using?

Have you installed a new version of the operating system or antivirus software recently?

Have you installed any DC V24 updates recently?

Registry changes?

Deleted files?

I don't know if DC checks registration/activation information every time it starts up (probably does). If so, and if the file containing the information has been deleted or corrupted (hard drive error), the program might ask for activation.

Phil
DesignCAD user since 1987