Author Topic: The CAD Guy goes to the Shrink  (Read 796 times)

prl

• A Bézier Extrusion
The CAD Guy goes to the Shrink
« on: November 12, 2014, 06:37:58 AM »
[Confused guy]:  Doc, I'm feeling down.  Everything seems so meaningless and irrelevant.

[Shrink]: You're not feeling good about yourself, what you do and where you are in life?

[Confused guy]:  Yes/no, maybe.  I don't know.  Maybe I wish I'd gone to college, become a Doctor, written a book,
traveled the world, used AutoCAD only, become famous. Though, thinking about it, all those things in the big picture seem so
irrelevant.

[Shrink]:  I see.  What is it you do for a living?

[Confused guy]:  I'm a CAD guy.

[Shrink]:  That's Computer Aided Design, graphics and such?  Interesting.  What if you look at things differently, say a new
perspective? You equalize things and perhaps accept the fact that everything in life is irrelevant.

[Confused guy]:  Yes, and oh, hadn't thought of it that way. Perspective you say.  I can relate to that and I know how to do it!
And it most definitely changes the way one sees things. I love it!

[Shrink]:  Most people realize it sooner or later. It comes from accepting you'll never be able to grasp it all, no matter how much
you try or what the manual says.

[Confused guy]: You know that does make sense . . . . and it already makes me feel calmer thinking like that.  Funny, I guess
you could say even me talking with you is irrelevant.

[Shrink]:  Yes, you can look at it that way. And if it helps, please feel free to use it.

[Confused guy]: Doc, you're a marvel!  I'm going to do it, live that way from now on, a new way of thinking.
Appreciating everything and everyone. Everything is equal. Thanks, I think we can end this session. What do I owe you?

[Shrink]:  Glad I could help. I charge $250. Please see the receptionist, she'll take it from here.

[Confused guy]:  Ouch, I've only been here 10 minutes and I only make $40/hr. I guess you're OK if I pay you $40 right? You know,
it, the money, this session, me, you; it all being irrelevant in the big picture of things.

[Shrink]:  Sorry, no, I charge $250.

[Confused guy]:  But Doc,  I'm confused again! I thought you were cutting me a break, no?

[Shrink]:  No, I wasn't. In my world you're more irrelevant than me. Would you like to schedule another session?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 10:06:15 AM by prl »

samdavo

• the trick is knowin...^ > v < - which way's up?
Re: The CAD Guy goes to the Shrink
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 11:53:33 AM »
Good one,
Reminds me of this one, which I'm confident that most have heard (but what the heck) ...

A judge was interviewing a woman regarding her pending divorce, and asked, "What are the grounds for your divorce?"
She replied, "About four acres and a nice little home in the middle of the property with a stream running by."

"No," he said, "I mean what is the foundation of this case?"
"It is made of concrete, brick and mortar," she responded.

"I mean," he continued, "What are your relations like?"
"I have an aunt and uncle living here in town, and so do my husband's parents."

He said, "Do you have a real grudge?"
"No," she replied, "We have a two-car carport and have never really needed one."

"Please," he tried again, "is there any infidelity in your marriage?"
"Yes, both my son and daughter have stereo sets. We don't necessarily like the music, but the answer to your questions is yes."

"Ma'am, does your husband ever beat you up?"
"Yes," she responded, "about twice a week he gets up earlier than I do."

Finally, in frustration, the judge asked, "Lady, why do you want a divorce?"
"Oh, I don't want a divorce," she replied. "I've never wanted a divorce.

My husband does. He said he can't communicate with me."
:)