Author Topic: SDK download  (Read 4466 times)

tdenison

SDK download
« on: July 07, 2007, 06:25:34 AM »
How do I get the latest SDK? Thanks.

magic

• hokus pokus
    • Magic Systems
Re: SDK download
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 01:39:33 PM »
Hi T,

The latest complete SDK was made for DesignCAD 13, and you can get that here: www.magicsystems.com/DevKit13.exe.

But there is a wealth of additional information here: http://www3.designcadcommunity.com/tiki-index.php?page=SDK.

I hope this helps.
It's a kind of magic!

MarkX

• Now where did I put my pencil?
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 02:26:35 PM »
Both the SDK13 that DT posted and the one magic posted gives me a window's "report this error" when I try to install. I'm running Windows XP. Is this a known problem? Or is there so little activity in the SDK realm, that no one else has noticed? Also, the link magic suggests appears to be dead.

I guess to start, I want to know what commands are available for writing my own macros. Is the SDK the right place to start? Is there any other kit I should be downloading?

Thanks!
Mark

The windows error is: "PackageForTheWeb Stub has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience"
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 02:50:00 PM by MarkX »

Dr PR

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 05:03:59 PM »
mark,

You don't need the SDK kit for writing macros - it is for linking external code into DesignCAD.

I have attached two files relating to macros. I think someone has posted a newer version. Look around on the Forum.

An easy way to get started with macros is to use the DesignCAD "Tools/Macro Record" function to capture keyboard sequences in a macro file. Then open the file in a text editor to see how the program saves commands in macro language.

Phil
DesignCAD user since 1987

DrollTroll

• Kindly Curmudgeon
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 07:59:28 AM »
Are you downloading the SDK and then installing it from your local machine, or trying to run it directly from the link? If trying to run it directly from the link, don't do that. Download it first and then tryl.

If you downloaded it first and still get the error, I don't know what the problem is. Windows is a more and more complex environment as time goes on. Possibly an antivirus program is blocking the program from installing. Possibly firewall or antispyware programs may be blocking it. Maybe DEP is set too aggressively.
25 years with DesignCAD

MarkX

• Now where did I put my pencil?
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 05:32:17 PM »
Hi DT,

• Downloaded first
  • Turned off AV realtime scanning
  • Firewall is in the external router
  • No antispyware
  • DEP is set for core Window's process only
  • XP system

In general, this is not one of those complicated systems. I don't recall having any other software break during installation ... and I have a lot of stuff installed. Not sure why anti-spyware or firewall should interfere anyways with basic install unless the install is trying to communicate with the mother ship somewhere.

It sounds like I don't really need the SDK ... yet. The Macro help file was more like what I was looking for. Still, it would be nice to know its there when I need it.

Thanks!
Mark