Author Topic: DesignCAD keeps asking for my activation code every time I start it.  (Read 1417 times)

DrollTroll

• Kindly Curmudgeon
  • Administrator
Problem: DesignCAD asks for your activation code. You enter it, and DesignCAD reports "Activation successful". But, the next time you start DesignCAD, it asks you again.

Solution: Right-click on the DesignCAD program icon and choose "Run as Administrator" (you may have to enter an admin password to proceed). Activate again.
Restart DesignCAD normally -- it should no longer ask you for activation.
2016 marks my 24th year in DesignCAD-Land!

Lar

Re: DesignCAD keeps asking for my activation code every time I start it.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 10:57:01 AM »
Just to add my personal experience to what DT says: you can also right click the actual exe file to get the option.

In my case (having win-7 or later), I always pin my regular program icons to the Task Bar and also regularly hide the icons on the desktop (out of sight, out of mind) so I instinctively right click the task bar icon, which did not show the 'run as administrator' option, so I had to search down the dcad exe program file.

Lar

Dempsey

• Intel i7-960, 12GB, NVidiaGTX570, Win7x64, DC26.2
    • World of van Vliet
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 09:03:14 PM »
Lar,

When you right-click on the task-bar icon the pop-up window shows among other things also the program. You can than right-click on the program and select "run as administrator".
Dempsey

Lar

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 12:13:06 PM »
Nice to know, Dempsey.

Lar