Author Topic: >pointselect observation  (Read 4698 times)

Pearlitic

Re: >pointselect observation
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2016, 02:30:09 PM »
Sorry I meant 2D mode does work, just not 3D mode.

Bentonite is an absorbent aluminium phyllosilicate clay consisting mostly of montmorillonite

Lar

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2016, 02:37:29 PM »
Only one solid is selected and 'selected only' is enabled in the command's dialog.

If you add the following just before the solid add it should work (it deselects everything so the 'selected only' is grayed out)...

sys(80)=0

...or add code to select the other box...

Lar

Pearlitic

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2016, 05:36:16 PM »
That did the trick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hallelujah  I was being to think that this couldn't be done.

I have been trying to get this to work for months.  Sorry to be so impatient.   I am getting to a point where I will really need this.

Thank you immensely.

Lar

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2016, 06:42:27 AM »
Ok.... Now, from  Pearlitic's second post (#29, page 2) I think that he only created the macro because he couldn't get the command to work manually so the following advice may not be important to him, but I'll say it for general knowledge, especially since it's in line with the original thrust of this topic:

In a macro it is best to select the 2 solids involved so dcad has a better idea which solids are to be operated on. The reason I say 'better idea' is because in a macro, in '2d selection mode', you can never be absolutely sure which solid dcad will identify when you set a point. Even in the case where both solids are selected it is possible for two points to identify the same solid.

So, turn off 2d selection mode (3d selection mode will only identify solids where the point is set); also, snap to points not shared by both solids (it seems that if you snap to a shared point twice then dcad will identify both solids but for boole operations where the picking order is important you can't be sure which solid will be identified first).

Lar