Author Topic: DesignCAD SDK and Visual Studio 20xx  (Read 1667 times)

DrollTroll

• Kindly Curmudgeon
  • Administrator
DesignCAD SDK and Visual Studio 20xx
« on: September 09, 2011, 01:10:39 PM »
Some issues you might run into when trying to use VB.NET or C# (or possibly Delphi Prism) with DesignCAD's COM SDK:

1) On Vista or Windows 7, you may have to run DesignCAD once with the "As Administrator" option in order to properly register the type library. Once you've done that, you should be able to use "Add Reference" to your Visual Studio Project, and select the DesignCAD type library for your version from the COM tab in the Add Reference dialog. If it still doesn't appear, use "Browse" and browse to your DesignCAD binary folder to add the tlb manually.

2) On at least one machine I was unable to use Project/Add Reference to reference the DesignCAD type library in my project -- Visual Studio always complained about the tlb not being a proper COM object, and refused to add the reference. I was able to work around this by using Project/Properties, and add the reference with the "Add" button in the References tab on the left side of the project properties dialog.

3) As mentioned elsewhere, if you are trying to connect with a running instance of DesignCAD through Visual Studio, you may need to run both DesignCAD and Visual Studio "As Administrator". Otherwise you may get error messages like "Could not connect to running instance of server".
2016 marks my 24th year in DesignCAD-Land!

Pavlos

Re: DesignCAD SDK and Visual Studio 20xx
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 04:29:03 AM »
Good morning, (It is afternoon in Greece).

I have tried everything suggested regarding the MS patch to enable opening "oledc17.hlp", downloaded from http://www.fyrissia.com/drolltroll/dcdevkit/oledc17.zip,  but nothing worked.  I have Windows 7.0 and the patch does work with the Help files of my other programs.  Would it be possible to send "oledc17.hlp" directly to my address, "pavloslevantis@yahoo.com" ?

When I try to open the help file extracted to my desktop or some other folder is the following:

"Cannot display the help files.  Try opening the help file again, and if you still get this message, copy the help file to a different drive, and try again."

I have also tried the above, and it is still get the same message.

Best Regards
Pavlos Levantis

Pavlos

magic

• hokus pokus
    • Magic Systems
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 05:21:05 AM »
Hi Pavlos,

It's not a good idea to show your email address in the forum.

Instead send a personal message. Hover your cursor over My Messages and select Send Message.....
It's a kind of magic!

prl

• A Bézier Extrusion
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 06:21:51 AM »
Pavlos, if you are running Win 7 64 bit, you will need to install Windows6.1-KB917607-x64.msu

ref: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=91
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 06:27:31 AM by prl »