Author Topic: sys-function to define snap grid or display grid origin ...  (Read 2703 times)

JJG

sys-function to define snap grid or display grid origin ...
« on: January 15, 2010, 04:39:30 AM »
I was looking for define snap grid or display grid origin in a macro, but I does not find anything for : have someone a idea ?

the only sys-functions I find about display or snap grid are the followings :

1016 - Synchronize Snap Grid to Display Grid [0=off, 1=on] (R/W) (V. 13)
This function controls whether DesignCAD keeps the display grid and snap grid aligned to the same center. In previous versions the snap grid was always centered on the origin, but the new default behavior is to align them both on the same center. Therefore it is now  possible to move the display grid center and have the snap grid shift to match.

Lar

Re: sys-function to define snap grid or display grid origin ...
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 06:08:35 AM »
Did you try using the command itself, in the following format:

(note: You can use the Tools menu> Macro Record command to run the actual command and record the correct syntax and parameter.)
>SetGridCenter
{
<PointXYZ [x, y, z]  '... you can replace the actual coordinates from the recorded macro with variables
}

When using commands they are usually written the same as in the menu but without the spaces, but in some cases they are not the same as in the menu. Usually the Macros Help file has the correct syntax. The Macro Record command will be absolutely correct except that some commands won't be recorded, such as Point Relative or Layer Options. Uppercase/lowercase doesn't matter.

Lar
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 06:19:47 AM by Lar »

JJG

Re: sys-function to define snap grid or display grid origin ...
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 12:41:14 PM »
Thank's Lar : I didn't know the command Options menu> Set Grid Center you indicate me in topic "General DesignCAD Topics > General Discussion > problem of updating the origin of snap grid", because for us, in france we have going from V15.53 (Designcad pro6000) direct to V18.33 (Designcad pro7000), and this command appeared as you say in 17&+ versions (maybe 16&+). And I'm not often using snap grid and display snap ... !  This explains it !

Did you try using the command itself, in the following format:

(note: You can use the Tools menu> Macro Record command to run the actual command and record the correct syntax and parameter.)
>SetGridCenter
{
<PointXYZ [x, y, z]  '... you can replace the actual coordinates from the recorded macro with variables
}
Yes, for developping macro, I use this method for a long time ago !

Thank's for all !
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 12:45:38 PM by JJG »