Author Topic: Symbols library?  (Read 2358 times)

Rhino

Symbols library?
« on: April 30, 2008, 07:23:46 PM »
Hello, I am new to designcad. I am using DesingCAD Express V12, and would like to use it to draw electrical wiring and line diagrams.  I see that there is "load symbol" and "symbol library" options under  the file menu. They are empty. Can I download a complete library of electrical symbols, or will I have to draw every symbol then save it to the library?  If I have to draw and save, how can I save it to the library, to allow me to insert into any drawing, as many times as needed?

Rhino

Re: Symbols library?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 07:31:02 PM »
I was able to save a symbol and load it into a new drawing several times.  I would still really like to be able to download a complete library.  Thanks

Dempsey

• Intel i7-960, 12GB, NVidiaGTX570, Win7x64, DC26.2
    • World of van Vliet
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 08:30:05 PM »
I don't know about Express, but DesignCAD 3D Max versions 17.2 and v18.2 comes under "load symbols" with "2D Symbols" and under that with, among others, electric and electronic symbols. You get the same when you select "Symbol Library", but under electric and electronic the actual symbols are now shown.
Dempsey

Pearco

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 03:16:44 AM »
Rhino;

I am not familiar with the Dcad Express series, but if you search the install disc, you may find the symbols as a separate install item. They may be listed as 2D symbols or Instant symbols.
Another thought is to upgrade to the current version of the full Dcad program. The symbols are included there.
Jim
User since ProDesign 1.5

Rhino

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 05:50:53 PM »
Thanks for the responses, i think I will just have my manager buy V18

DrollTroll

• Kindly Curmudgeon
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 01:54:28 PM »
The symbols are also present in Express 12 (if you installed the full program, rather than "minimum" install).

With the Symbol Library window open, click on the "folder" tab. Browse to the 2D Symbols folder under the DesignCAD program (should show subfolders Arch, Cabinet, etc.) , and click OK. Now you should be able to select symbols from each of the tabbed categories.

These instructions also apply to Version 18, except the symbols are now stored in "My Documents/DesignCAD 18" instead of in the Program Files folder.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 01:56:27 PM by DrollTroll »
25 years with DesignCAD

Bryang114

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 11:19:53 AM »
I'm also new to DesignCAD 2D and also looking for symbol libraries.  My Load symbol files is also empty.  I downloaded the program so I do not have a disk to load from.  Can this be downloaded from a website?

Thanks,

Rob S

• Construction Estimating Program for General Contractors
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 07:47:54 PM »
AFAIK, full versions of Designcad contain symbol libraries even in the download versions, so:

Try and search your entire drive C for a folder named "Symbol", which may be located in various locations depending on how you installed the program.

If such a folder is found, then under options, options dialog, file locations tab, point the "Symbol Library" path to this folder.

If not, call back and more ideas will be forthcoming.
User since Pro-design